Can this be played solo?
A Monster's Tail (Open Beta)
A downloadable game
A Monster's Tail is a Powered by the Apocalypse TTRPG inspired by games such as Pokemon, Dragon Warrior Monster, Digimon and other games in the Monster Catching genre of RPGs.
What's in the Open Beta?
- The Rules
- The Basic Moves to play A Monster's Tail, and GM advice on how to use them
- The general mechanics of A Monster's Tail, and GM advice on how to use them
- Four Playbooks, known as Journeys, and two Backgrounds for each
- The Captain: An aspiring up and comer, the community has high hopes for them and higher job priorities for them to take care of before they go anywhere close to the top.
- The Champion: They want to be the best, like no one ever was. Battling Gyms and other Trainers, they're aiming to become the number one Trainer in all the Region!
- The Doctor: Everyone, including Genmon, get scrapes and bruises from time to time and Doctors are there to patch them up. Whether it be in a Town or in the Wilds, Doctors are always looking for more Patients to expand their practice.
- The Idol: Performers who know how to incorporate Genmon into their Routines, they've got a fan base and they're going to show the Region there's more to Genmon than just battling! You can dress them up too!
- An introduction to Hayle, A Monster's Tail's starting Region
- Overture Town: Where you start your adventure!
- Route 1: The first Route where your Players can explore and catch Genmon of their own. Trainers beware, they're not the only ones traveling the Route!
- Emerald Grove: A Wilds off Route 1 where dangerous Genmon lurk and treasure is said to be hidden away
- Tenor City: The first big hub and place for Players to stretch their Mechanics
- The Genmon
- A lay out of all 10 Types found in the Hayle Region
- The four Starters of Hayle - You'll just have to download to see!
- Several Genmon to liven up the Route and Wilds, either to catch or keep in their natural habitat.
What isn't in the Open Beta?
Four more Playbooks and the remaning Backgrounds for the four Playbooks found within.
- The Professor: The academics of the Genmon World, Professors study oddities both of the Region and of Genmon themselves.
- The Mystic: Some can tap into the strange powers of the world and Genmon, even coaxing it out of themselves. Mystics have a deep connection to the Wilds
- The Smith: People still have to make things in the Genmon world and Smiths are happy to do it. From making potions to devices to capture Genmon, the Smith is a handy person to have around.
- The Transfer: A visitor from another region, they may have some skills but can they defeat their biggest foe? Culture shock.
The rest of the Genmon!
The rest of Hayle!
Further GM advice on how to run A Monster's Tail from NPC generation, creating your own Regions and even using the base mechanics to make your own Genmon and Types
And so much more!
Click download now to get access to the following files:
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.